With the growing rise of Cyber Attacks, many businesses assume they are safe by using a combination of internet security and popular cloud storage packages. Too often, unfortunately their business and clients data is far from safe despite their best intentions
The problems with Onedrive cloud backups
Some limitations of Onedrive are as follows:
- Onedrive only does a “sync” of your data between the local laptop and the cloud. If you accidentally delete the folder/file it gets deleted in the cloud.
- Onedrive frequently stops due to windows updates or software bugs in other software. When this occurs, there is no warning, your data simply stops being backed up
- No verification of data backed up. There is no easy way to confirm that your data has been backed up successfully without doing daily spot checks of your data, which is very time consuming.
- No Cyber Security Ransomware protection – If your computers get hit with a new cyber attack, ALL of your data is potentially encrypted/lost, as this compromised data gets sync to the cloud
- Your Internet security software will only protect against “known” risks. If your Internet security software has yet to release a security update, then your data is vulnerable
- If your cloud account gets hacks your account, the hacker could delete or publish your data which have privacy breach concerns
Managed Cyber Security Backups
A Managed Cyber Security Backup is partnering with an Managed service provider that will manage and maintain all of your data backups for you.
They implement a Three Tiered backup policy and run real time daily monitoring and alerts to ensure your business data is safe. This could local backups, short term daily cloud backups and long term cloud storage. This means you have no single point of failure.
Get in touch with Express IT Repairs today to discuss your business backup needs